Shop all mugs now
The Original Comfort and Joy
A Mug for Christmas Memories, Old and New
A Story to Tell
As you get ready to make memories of your own, get your fill of stories from past customers with these reviews.
A Picture Worth 1,000 Sips
Christmas mugs are perfect for Christmas morning coffee, hot chocolate for the kids (or the adults – we don’t judge!), or even hot toddies on Christmas Eve. But what image should grace your Christmas mug or the one you’re gifting to someone? Should it be classic or modern? Simple or extravagant? Here are a few ideas to get you started. Just wait and see what we have in store for you!
The Just-Right Christmas Gift
The act of giving is often as joyful as receiving, as we get to see the happiness on the recipient’s face. It’s a way to show someone that we care about them and appreciate them. When it comes to finding the perfect gift, though, it can sometimes be a challenge. We want to find something that the person will actually like and use, not something that will end up in the back of a closet gathering dust – or worse, showing up as a re-gift at next year’s white elephant exchange. Gifts of apparel can be hard because what if they don’t like the color? What if the size is wrong? What if they don’t like the fit? What if it’s insulting to give them a size that’s too large?
Don’t put yourself in that predicament! A mug is always the right size and makes an excellent gift for just about anyone. They are practical, yet also personal and thoughtful. And there are endless ways to customize them to make them even more special. For example, you could fill a mug with the recipient’s favorite candy or pair it with a cozy scarf. And if you’re really looking to jazz up your mug gift, put a gift card inside or get creative with the fillings.
They are perfect gifts for the teacher in your life who always goes above and beyond, the aunt or uncle who is always there for you, or that “hard to buy for” person who already has everything. Spare mugs are great to keep on hand “just in case” when you suddenly realize you need a last-minute gift! Mugs also make great gifts for the person who loves to be comfortable. With so many options available at the Modern Nativity online shop, it shouldn’t be hard for you to pair your mug with a perfect side gift. Just a few clicks and you’ll be set! Just make sure to shop and order early so you won’t get stuck waiting due to Christmas rush shipping delays.
Modern Nativity has your Christmas covered, from loading up your cart to loading up your sleigh. Shop our merry online store today!
What’s in Your Mug?
Once you have your Christmas mug in hand, what will you put in it? Coffee is not the only beverage you can fill up with around the holidays (or any time of year). And guess what – cold beverages go great in a mug, too! There are no limits when it comes to what goes in your new favorite mug.
For those who prefer their drinks on the sweeter side, classic hot chocolate is always a good choice. To make it extra special, top it with marshmallows or whipped cream. If you’re looking for something a little stronger, peppermint schnapps or rum can give your hot chocolate a boozy kick. For something non-alcoholic, adding a shot of espresso or some cinnamon for a festive twist might do the trick.
Hot or cold, whatever your preference, there’s sure to be a Christmas drink and a Christmas mug that will put you in the holiday spirit. So grab your mug and get ready to enjoy all the flavors of the season! Find your new favorite here…
Festivals are a time to indulge. But sometimes, we need to take it easy and go alcohol-free, especially when there are kids around. Whether you’re trying to avoid a hangover or just want something non-alcoholic everyone can enjoy, these Christmas drinks are perfect. From spiced apple cider to rich hot chocolate, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. These non-alcoholic drinks are sure to get you into the Christmas spirit. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the holidays with a delicious Christmas drink in hand.
Caring for Your Christmas Mug
A mug is more than just a vessel for holding your morning coffee or tea. It’s even more than fun holiday kitchen décor. It’s a source of comfort and nostalgia, a reflection of your personality, and a reminder of the people and moments that make life special. That’s why it’s important to take care of your mug, so it can continue to bring you joy with every sip.
Mugs are one of those small, everyday things that can bring happiness and comfort. They’re perfect for cradling in your hands on a cold day, or for enjoying a warm beverage on a lazy Sunday morning. And because they’re often personalized – even if just by who gave them to us as a gift – they can also bring a sense of nostalgia and joy. But all of this only holds true if our mugs are well-cared for. If we leave them to gather dust or stains, they quickly lose their luster.
Mugs filled with hot liquids can damage furniture. Let’s be real – furniture is costly. So don’t forget to protect it with a set of Christmas-themed coasters! Another way to protect furniture is by using a Christmas-colored runner. Runners protect furniture by absorbing moisture and preventing accidental spills. They also add color and festivity to any holiday decor. When selecting a runner, be sure to shop for one that is large enough to cover the surface of your furniture and made of durable material.
- Be sure to wash your mug with dish soap and warm water after each use.
- Before putting your mug in the dishwasher, ensure that it is dishwasher safe!
- For stubborn stains, you may need to scrub the inside of the mug with a soft-bristled brush.
- Regularly inspect your mug for signs of wear and tear regularly. If any cracks or chips develop, it’s important to replace the mug to prevent bacteria from accumulating.
- Always check if your mug is microwave safe before heating it up. If you're not sure, err on the side of caution and don't put it in the microwave.
- Keep your mug out of reach of children. It's best to keep it on a high shelf or in a kitchen cabinet where kids can't get to it.
- Don't put your mug in the dishwasher if it’s not dishwasher-safe. The high temperatures can damage the mug or make it more likely to break. Instead, wash it by hand using warm water and soap.
- Wrap each mug individually in bubble wrap or newspaper. This will help to protect them from knocks and bumps.
- Don't pack them too loosely or too tightly in a box. If they're packed too tightly together or so loose that they clank together, they might break if they shift during storage.
- Don't forget to label the box so you'll know exactly where your mugs are when you're ready to use them again.
- Use coasters! Hot beverages are especially likely to damage wood finishes, so it's important to use coasters. A set of Christmas-themed coasters are a festive way to protect your furniture and show off your holiday spirit.
- Use a runner. A Christmas-colored runner can add a touch of holiday cheer to your décor while protecting your furniture from spills and stains.
- Consider a sofa cover. Especially during parties or with family visiting, temporarily covering your nice sofa with a cover can help prevent disastrous stains.